My little brother, the youngest of all 7 of us, graduated from high school last Saturday afternoon. Its hard to believe that I have a sibling that is just now getting ready for college, but for any of you who have known me long, you know just how special this guy is to me. I ALWAYS wanted a baby sibling--I thought that I would have preferred a sister, but God in His infinite wisdom gave me a baby brother when I was twelve years old. I loved taking care of him, I loved feeding him, I loved watching him sleep when he was little, I loved watching soccer games, little league games, football games, picking him up from daycare or school...really anything that he did. He was always "the special one" of us all. We're all so proud of him and love him so much!
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Uncle Matthew Graduates
Now, after having kids in the house for 36 years, my parents will finally have us all out. Most of us will still trickle in now and again, but for the first time in my parents 19 years of marriage, they'll live alone. You might think that's sad, but I think they're going to have a major party over it!
Unfortunately, I was so hot and the swelling in my feet was so bad by the end of Matthew's graduation ceremony, that I'll have to confiscate pictures from my siblings of the actual ceremony and afterwards, but here is one of Logan and Matthew right after we got home. And one of me with my sweet sisters...all showing up at the house Saturday morning in green...what great taste we have!!!
Posted by Sarah at 4:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment