
This is my new favorite picture!!
Since my last post, we've been super busy...but boy have we had a TON of fun. We had a cold front move through last week and the weather was unbelievable! Its amazing what cool weather does for the soul--all of us were happier than we've been for months (with the exception of the elation associated with bringing little Miss Ellyse into the world, of course...) We went to the park nearly every day, got to visit with our displaced hurricane Ike friends (the Jones') and their precious kids, and got to celebrate two birthdays (Kellen at the zoo and Brylie at her Fancy Nancy party--both SOOO much fun!!!) It really couldn't have been a better week!! Here are a few (okay, several) highlights...

Rachel, Ethan, Kellen,Logan, and Bonnie

Sweet Noelle & Ellyse (6wks, 4 wks)
Logan & Kellen
The boys are each a month apart agewise...
Kellen (Sept), Ethan (Oct), Logan (Nov)
Sweet Bonnie, Kellen & Logan ready to hit the park after Freebirds
Logan after the Fancy Nancy part-y
The next 2 pictures blow me away...our neighbors and good friends from Houston moved to Ft. Worth when the boys were 1. We were distraught that the boys would really never know each other, but God's plan was greater than we realized. Neither of us had a plan to be where we are today, but we have been SO richly blessed to now live close enough to go to church together and the boys are the BEST of friends. We have grown in our relationship with one another, grown in our faith, and we are watching one of our dreams come true in watching our boys grow up together! While we may no longer be neighbors, we are still close friends and a source of strength for each other--we love these guys so much! They both bring us so much joy!
Logan & Gabe 3 1/2 years (September 2008)
Logan & Gabe 1yr (February 2006)
9 comments:
I love that you posted both pics! How fun to look back!
Dear friends are very special. I have a feeling Logan and Gave will be close for a very long time. What a blessing for the boys to have one another.
And, WOW! Is that first picture of Logan shooting a basket? I'm assuming so - who else would it be... huh? Wow, Jarod - bet you're proud of that form! I guess he learned that from you, which means it appears you DO do some things correctly after all. ha ha
I saw Grandma Anne in Granbury this weekend. She sure is proud of beautiful Ellyse. You better believe she was carrying around pictures!
I'm so proud of you for being so "with it" already. You're a supermom! We had a lot of fun hanging out with you guys last week. And Lord have mercy, what IS my daughter doing in that picture at the zoo?!?
I love that picture too.
Thanks again for hanging out with us! Cute pictures.
I just love that your little guys are even closer the older they get. I love to see older pictures.
OK, wow on that first picture. So is Jarred or Logan offering lessons? My children are going to need them.
That kid has some great form in that first shot!
Is the envy coming across in my writing? I mean seriously, some folks have to really practice and work at that! :)
Your new little one is so precious and beautiful!
Post a Comment