Friday, July 10, 2009

10 Months

Wow...tonight I looked in my email and saw "Your 10 Month Old, Week 3" and my response was "How?" I can't believe how life with this little girl is flying by. I'll post updated pictures later, but I wanted to record a some things that I don't want to forget at 10 months.

Elly has finally started actually crawling most of the time (still not giving up the army crawl, but she's realized that she can pull herself up easier when she goes on all 4's).

Her favorite game is peek-a-boo, and she loves to cover the sides of her head or close to her eyes and just start laughing. She also loves dancing, clapping, giving high fives, this little piggy and trot a little horsie.

If I leave her in her room for a minute, she will crawl out if Logan's door is open make a BEE line for his room and its many wonders (her favorite of which are his cars and his farm animals.)

Words at 10 months: Dada, DA (now the name for Logan), Da, da, da while head bobbing(dance), Bye-Bye, Mama, A-ter (for water), Buh (for Baby) She's very into repeating everything if you just take the time to say it a few times for her. Interesting how different this was with Logan--Logan watched very intently, but then didn't say much until he could basically say the word perfectly...crazy.

She pulls up on EVERYTHING and has started clearing the end tables and coffee table very enthusiastically. She also let go this week, but just fell into the table with her stomach, so she's still not stable enough to be walking anytime soon.

She handles little or no sleep VERY well. She would prefer to have a catnap though and can be as happy as if she's slept for hours on a 20 minute nap.

She sat through a movie at the theater yesterday. She was perfectly happy and content as long as she had something in her hands--and yes, I am crazy for taking a 10 month old to a movie!

She can throw the world's largest temper tantrum and already holds a pretty mean grudge. Example: today she looked in her breakfast bowl and got mad because Logan was eating applesauce and she was still stuck on Oatmeal. So, after a little fit, I mixed some applesauce into her oatmeal. She looks into her bowl when there are two bites left and starts getting upset. I'm trying to not feed her when she's screaming or yelling because I don't want to reinforce that behavior, so I'm trying to wait patiently for any kind of silence and the best I could get was while she was catching her breath. She got the last two bites, but then proceeded to get extremely upset with me and threw a fit that lasted an hour and a half. An hour and a half--seriously? She would almost forget, then look at me and belt out all over again. I think I have my work cut out for me with this one.

Now before you think that I am starving my child let me say--this girl can E-A-T! There is no "off" on the food regulation and she screams when she is done with every meal. I'm serious, she has NO teeth, but yet eats everything and she packs the food AWAY. I know that she would eat herself sick and the only times she's not screaming about food is when you could literally roll her away from the dinner table. For some reason my children have no internal food monitoring system when they are infants. Funny that our dog doesn't either...maybe its just something about Jarrod and I.

3 comments:

Alicia Nelson said...

aww, I loved this post!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I love Elly's many "faces". I think it is precious that she can sit through a movie and be a perfect little angel with very little sleep, but I think it's HYSTERICAL that she draws the line when it comes to food. Don't mess with a girl and her food, people!!!

The Brays said...

I love this little girl! And yes, your hands are going to be full with this one for sure! Girls are just differetn I do believe.