I want to start this post off by saying a huge THANK YOU. For most of you who don't know, we spent the past few days a little anxious, a little worried, and in A LOT of prayer for our little girl. We shared with some of you our concerns relating to the condition of this little one's heart. At our sonogram on Monday, we were told (by the doctor doing the sonogram--not our normal ob)that they were unable to get a good look at her arteries due to her positioning. After scheduling a second Level 2 ultrasound for May 19, leaving the appointment and thinking about this WAY too much, we wondered how this was possible with her moving so much during the time that we were there and if there was more to the second ultrasound than this doctor was able to share with us. Jarrod of course is a rock and is able to "choose" when to worry and when not to. I don't know if it is a lack of faith, a lack of patience, a fear of the unknown or what, but that's not the way that I work...I allowed myself to get into a pretty worked up state on Monday. After Logan woke up from his nap, I was able to put myself back in Mommy mode and be a little more logical and rational, but I still had a lot of worry and spent a lot of time on my knees.
We went to see our doctor today and she was able to set our minds at ease. She stated that with the doctor that performs these ultrasounds, he is extremely thorough--if he cannot get a thorough look at the midline of the face or the heart, then he wants to schedule another ultrasound to make sure that he sees the whole picture. She stated "There are no abnormalities. He just didn't get a good enough look. I'm not worried about it at all. You'll just get to have some more pictures." I cannot tell you how badly I wanted to fall to the floor on my knees in the doctor's office. God is so good, He's so gracious and we are so very grateful that His answer today was the answer that we were seeking and desiring. We know that even if it was not He would still be in control and we would still allow Him to be, but we are extremely grateful for having our minds at ease. I cannot thank you enough for your prayers--we felt them all day yesterday and today and they comforted us so very much.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Answered Prayers
Posted by Sarah at 10:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Praise God! So happy to hear everything is normal.
Thank you Lord! I'm so glad that He gave you the peace of mind that you needed!
God is so good! I am so glad that Dr. Walker could put your worried mind at ease.
He always takes control and guides us! I continue to pray for that sweet baby girl!
I am SO glad to hear your goods news..what an amazing answer to prayers. And, what a lovely gift...a baby girl. Oh, Sarah...I am so excited for you & Jarrod.
Post a Comment