Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Drum Roll, Please...

Well, we had our Level 2 Ultrasound yesterday...and the verdict is....IT'S A GIRL!!! Crazy...shocking...bizarre...just nuts...but OHHHH so exciting. I never really let myself think that we'd have a girl, but now that we are, we are super excited. Logan went with us and thought it was great getting to see the "animal" baby as he called her and hear the heartbeat. He's very glad to be getting a baby sister. We went to The Gap afterward and he picked out an outfit for her, along with his Daddy. Jarrod would have you believe that "we" picked out this outfit, but seeing as how I only got to nod an approval of the cute little dress he picked up, I don't really think this counts as "us" picking something out. He won't let it show, but he is giddy--he loves little ones of any size, shape, color, gender...but baby girls steal his heart pretty easily and pretty powerfully. I think that he "needed" a girl more than even I did.

Our friend Ashley was so sweet to get her her first two outfits. They are SUPER cute and neither one is pastel pink! I love the color pink, but I don't love that most moms insist on ONLY putting their little girls in pastel pink outfits. Ashley shares this opinion and Baby Payton has many cute "non-pink" outfits that she looks super cute in. We're in a little trouble as far as names, clothes, bedding, bedrooms go...we've been ready to set up the nursery with all of Logan's nursery decorations. Somehow, I don't think that I want to set up a fishing room for this precious little girl...back to square one...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I felt the same way finding out Julia was a girl. It's a whole different way of thinking, but it's really fun! In defense of moms that dress their girls in pink....I never liked pink too much myself, but you'll find SO many cute clothes only in pink and get them as gifts, that I believe she'll be in pink quite often. Have fun picking out girly things!!

Liz*** said...

Yeah! That is so exciting! Girls are so much fun and so different! After almost a year, we are still trying to get used to the change. Congrats!!

Amanda said...

Oh, yay!!!! I'm so happy y'all are having a girl. It'll be neat to experience both. Congrats!!!!! :)

Lisa said...

Congratulations! It's so much fun to have one of each. I think you should post a picture of her first little dress. And big brothers are very sweet to and protective of their little sisters.

amber dayton said...

Congratulations! I know seeing a healthy little one was wonderful enough - but now you have one of each - what a blessing! Of course, I think girls are SO much fun (I'm sure boys are too!) - you are going to have a great time picking out girly bedding & clothes. Have a ball!

Rachel said...

I'm so excited for you guys!! Little ones are so much fun and Logan is going to be a wonderful big brother! I can't wait to meet her. Congrats!!

The Brays said...

You are just precious! I love our friendship too pieces.
Yes, I agree....the way Jarrod is with Payton totally confirms that he needed this little girl more than you did! I love it! Some advise....Budget? What Budget?

The Stringers said...

I am soooo excited for ya'll! I'm with you on the not all pink clothes, though. Red looks great on babies :)

Perks said...

A girl?!!! How wonderful. Get ready for the butterflies, bows, shoes to match every outfit, a LOT of clothes, sparkles, fluff, drama, a lot more "prep" time on Sunday mornings, etc. Girls are fabulous!

I was amazed at how simple boys were once I had Isaiah. Maybe that's also b/c he was baby #3 and didn't have a choice. :)

We are so happy and excited for you! And, oh yeah, Jarrod's toast. :) There is that special bond b/t a daddy and his little girl. It's very neat to watch.

Amy Porter said...

I'm SO excited for you guys! Girls are so much fun!! I still can't believe that you will be buying pink instead of blue!! My guess was boy! So fun! It is definitely very different than raising a boy, but in a good way! I wouldn't trade it for the world!!

Jessica said...

Well... first off, I'm so very excited that Baby Dyer is a precious little girl - Logan needs a little sister! Next... note your post "Not Two Peas in this Bod" - My prediction was baby girl, I have to be proud of this "correct" prediction, cause my sis found out yesterday she is also having a girl, and I just KNEW it was a boy...

Jessica said...

Oh wait... one more thing... about the pink... if your little girl looks like her Daddy, or has very little hair (like mine), pink is wonderful! It discourages the, "what a precious baby boy" comments we get when she is wearing blue or green (even with lace and a headband)...