Our precious Elly is 7 Months old. I think with Logan we said that every phase was our favorite and I don't think that Elly is any exception, other than we don't seem to get to enjoy them quite long enough. It seems like she's gotten so big overnight. She started army crawling at the beginning of March and sitting up without assistance mid-February. She gets up on all 4's and rocks back and forth, but she still isn't going anywhere. She still gives big kisses, big smiles and is such a happy baby. She waves to anyone who comes by and has started waving up and down. I guess that I probably forgot to add that she has been doing the "Miss America" wave since before Christmas...we've been cracking up with it. Also, her tongue is CONSTANTLY out...we get comments EVERYWHERE we go that she is "working that tongue." Her favorite toys, hands down are any type of ball she can get ahold of. She'll have a floor FULL of toys and she's constantly chasing around all of the balls. Its pretty funny since Logan has always loved them so much too.
Logan loves her beyond our wildest dreams--he is so affectionate and thoughtful of her. We moved her to a "big girl" carseat this weekend and he was so excited to get to put her in it. He was telling her all of the things that she would be able to see now. It was so sweet! He can't wait until she wakes up in the morning and often comments that we should just go wake her up because he is ready to play with her. (Obviously, I try to hold this off as long as possible.) He goes with me to get her in the mornings or from naps and he lays in the floor and plays with her. He will go straight to her if she fusses the least little bit and will say things like "Its okay, Elly. What's the matter sweet girl?" My heart melts. We of course have some of the normal "he's a 4 year old boy" things--not inconsiderate, jealous things...just "not thinking" things, like he'll take something close to her and throw it across the room for her to go get...we have to keep reminding him that she's not a puppy dog!
With her illness last week, we had another weight check and she weighed in at 14 lbs. 2 oz. She had lost another ounce, but I think that was mostly due to sickness. We'll take her back next week to see again. Today she feels like a brick, so I'm hopeful that she's gained enough to stop with the weight checks.
5 comments:
She is Beautiful!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you guys here that a ton, but wow Jared has a big job when she hits the teenage years : )
She HAS gotten big over night. Seven months old?? Where did time go? What a sweet big bro Logan is. I love how much he loves her!
She has grown over night. I really feel like she was just born. You have two beautiful children!!!!
She IS so big!! We need to come visit yall again soon. She is going to look like a completely different child...they grow too fast!! My baby is going to be 2 in 3 weeks...AHHHHH!!!
She is precious!! I can't believe how light her hair is! She is a beauty! :)
Post a Comment