Well, I must say that I could discuss the many reasons that March was not an ideal month...but THANKFULLY it was all periphery for our immediate family and we have a lot to be thankful for.
1. I am SO grateful for the safe, uneventful birth of one of my best friend's babies--sweet Presley Susanne Bray
2. I praise God that our friend Brad is no longer fighting to breathe, no longer in more pain than not and that he is able to run, play and praise God in heaven. I'm thankful that he "fought the good fight" that he was able to hear the words we all long to hear "Well done, Good and Faithful Servant." I'm thankful that his precious wife has wonderful friends and family surrounding her and that somehow she is able to "Praise God in this Storm."
3. I'm thankful that Micah found my favorite pair of heels after much drama and that they are still "wearable" even after being run over
4. I'm thankful that not only are my children healthy, they are safe.
5. I'm thankful that even though I lost my watch in a parking lot, I have birthday money that can at least replace it.
6. I'm thankful that even though I lost my earrings, they still had one pair left at one of the 6 Target's I went to.
7. I'm grateful that even though our car broke down the week we went to Colorado...it was just the battery--and I'm so grateful that it was under warranty...so it didn't cost us a dime.
8. I'm grateful to wonderful friends who will watch my children in a pinch.
9. I'm thankful that Logan was able to learn to ski and was not too stubborn to enjoy it.
10. I'm grateful that Elly's bronchitis did not turn into RSV
11. I'm thankful that even though we've had some major changes at school, everyone has not only pulled together, everyone has sacrificed and gone beyond what anyone would have expected.
12. I'm grateful that I have a wonderful caretaker for Elly and because of that, I'm able to serve 10 children that I adore.
13. I'm thankful that God provides--financially, physically, spiritually during times that life just keeps beating at you.
14. I'm thankful that despite some changes in my extended family--at least some relationships are strengthening instead of deteriorating.
15. I'm thankful that today, despite a 30% reduction in my husband's part of the company, he was able to come home and tell me that HE still has a job.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Good Riddance March 2009...
Posted by Sarah at 9:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you, Lord, for watching over Jarrod's job. What a blessing (and sigh of relief). I so enjoy reading about the things you are thankful for. It's so easy to dwell on the negative - especially in this economy, but how refreshed one feels when they think of all of the positives. It's good for the soul.
Praise HIM.
Post a Comment