Monday, January 11, 2010

Conversations

with a 5 year old...we've had some quite memorable ones around here lately, so I wanted to get them down before life gets in the way and I forget.

L getting out of the bath one night: "Mama, when we have the babies and I take a bath one night and they take their bath the next, can I help you with them in the bath. Like wash them and rinse them and get them in their towel?" (By babies, he means Elly and sweet #3).

L eating lunch: "Mama, can you wait to give Elly her applesauce so that I can feed it to her?" (yes, at lunch we are still spoon-feeding this child...mama doesn't want to strip her down to feed her and give another bath...can you tell its the second child???)

On our way home from church Wednesday night:
Me: "Logan, I need you to help me stop drinking so many cokes."
L: "Why?"
Me: "Well, its not good for the baby for me to drink cokes and its not very healthy."
L: "God'll take care of you, Mom"

And while we're on the subject of talking, Elly is crazy talking. She is full of words and will parrot any sound or word she hears. She sings along and dances with any song that comes on the radio or any of her toys and although she doesn't know the words, she generally belts out the last word in a line until we get to the end of the next line. Her favorites words these days include:
"Peeeeeeaaaasssse" for Please
"Help"
"Up"
"Thank you"
"ahhhhhh"
"Hi Maddie"
"Bath"
"eat"
"bite"
"eye"
"hat"
"Night Night"
"Whoa"
and a high pitched "Hi"

I know that some of these are basic, everyday things...but the girl seriously says them all day long...hat and eye being two that she finds all day long.

0 comments: