Monday, January 4, 2010

Logan's First Hunt





Logan got to go hunting with Jarrod several times this year. I always said when he turned 5 he could go--so this was the big year. I'm not sure who was more excited--Jarrod or Logan, but it was such a treasure to witness them both. I will cherish it as one of my favorite memories of them. They were supposed to leave the Thursday night before opening weekend, but time got away from them and they couldn't justify getting to the lease in the middle of the night, so Jarrod told Logan to come get him as soon as he woke up. We awoke to the sweetest little voice at 5 a.m. asking if they could go. Jarrod told him that it needed to be light outside so that they could load up, so Logan went off to bed and was back in 15 minutes saying, "I see a little blue. Is it time?" So, Jarrod had him crawl in bed with us and he was able to hold him off until about 5:45. He was ready in a flash, dressed in his camo, wranglers and boots. Such a handsome little boy, even if I am a little biased!

1 comments:

Liz*** said...

How sweet is that?! Too fun!