Friday, July 11, 2008

33 Weeks-Doctor's Report

Well, I went to the doctor on Wednesday and we are healthy and strong! I didn't gain any weight this time, so I'm at 17 pounds and holding...yay me...hopefully I'll stick to the 1 lb. a week for the next six weeks and not start swelling too badly. Baby girl's heartbeat is at 142, which is a little lower than Logan's was at 146, but of course still healthy. I do have carpal tunnel in my right hand, so I am having to wear a brace for that. Hopefully it will go away once little bit arrives. My c-section is scheduled for August 21st at 9:30 a.m. I am getting a little more anxious by the day, so please keep us in your prayers...more than anything Jarrod and I both just need a sense of peace after our last experience.

We're still stuck on a name, but we are resorting to drawing out of a hat...haha! So far, we've all picked Emma more times than anything...but I can't make a decision based on the "hat draw." I mean seriously, how do you tell your child that you decided on her name by drawing it the most times out of a hat???

My aunt was supposed to be here last night with the bedding, but my precious niece decided that she wanted to get baptized this weekend, so my family is all headed to Memphis to share in the occasion, sans the Dyer's. We're so sad to have to miss it, but its an 8 hour trip and just too far for a 3 day trip this close to delivery. We're so proud of her and the awesome decision she's made!!

So, instead of being with our family, we will be here painting the nursery...finally. My lovely aunt did overnight the fabric samples to us so that we can get the paint and get the painting done before she and the bedding get here next week. Maybe then my racing, panicking mind will be a little more at ease. I'll post pictures once we get everything moved in and situated!!

3 comments:

Darla said...

So you are now drawing names out of a hat. Funny story but that is how my grandmother was named. I can't wait to see the bedding and the painted room. Good luck with the name.

Lisa said...

So thankful for a good report! We had so much fun hanging out with you guys this week.

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

So glad to hear things are going well. I had carpal tunnel in my left wrist when pregnant with Rhett. Man -it was NOT fun. I'm feeling for ya, babe! It will go away in a blink of an eye once baby girl arrives, but until then, just know I'm pullin' for ya. The things us moms go through for our babies... I still don't know all the ends and outs about your last c-section experience, but I got a pretty clear picture that it did not go well. We'll be praying for a MUCH better experience this go-round with NO pain. Can't wait to see pics of the nursery.