I think that days like today are what make mothering difficult. All of those things that I want Logan to be sometimes make me feel like a failure as a mother. Logan is the "safety" child. He wants to do everything, but his little heart gets so "scared" when he tries. I don't understand it and frankly right now I don't have a lot of patience for it. A few weeks ago we met some friends at a waterpark and Logan just freaked out about part of it. He refused to even go down the smallest baby slides for fear of water dumping on his head. He didn't even want the water spraying him at all. (yes, this child does play in the sprinkler at home...go figure...) I lost my patience and the day was difficult to say the least--but we trudged through it and he is asking to go back (Daddy's turn next, which will be fine because its a lot easier to be brave with Daddy for some reason.)
Today, we went to "Pump it Up" of all places and he spent twenty minutes crying his little eyes out about going down a small slide (he was stuck in a part that the only way out--down the slide). Now mind you, he has gone down slides like this before with no problems. He's shown no fear of "bounce houses" in the past, but this summer seems to be making him digress. I sit and think, how in the world can I teach him to be brave...especially at 35 weeks pregnant, with no patience and no ability to just climb in and talk him through it. I think that I'm about to chunk that lesson out the window at least until I'm recouperated enough to do it right...
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Bravery??
Posted by Sarah at 2:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment