Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July Celebration

I love the 4th of July. Its such a wonderful reminder of the freedom that we have and the sacrifices that have been made for that freedom. I love celebrating that freedom with those I love the most and with friends that we don't get to celebrate on other "holidays". This year, we made the most out of being close to home and celebrated Thursday, Friday and Saturday. On Thursday was Midlothian's annual celebration. We went with our friends Karen and Edmund and ate some great food, watched Logan jump in the jump houses and then saw a great fireworks show. Logan was less than thrilled with the fireworks, but he wasn't really sure why he didn't like them. He started holding his ears about 2 hours before the fireworks actually went off. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera.


Then on Friday Mark, Tara, Hannah and Drew came down and we had a day of good food, Settlers' of Catan, and playing in the sprinkler with water guns and water balloons! It was wonderful and the kids got along so well! Then on Saturday, we loaded up the cars early and headed to Granbury for the parade. It was great and the kids had a lot of fun! Then we swam the afternoon away and the McClure's ended up leaving around 9pm. It was a fun, festive weekend!

1 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I am so bummed I missed you guys on the 4th!!! As I scrolled through your pics I realized you watched the parade at my dad's office. Logan and Grant could have had a great time together at the parade! Aren't "small town"
Fourth of July celebrations great!?