Well, Miss Priss turned 6 months on Saturday. In our family, we generally celebrate half birthdays...however, this Saturday we had a sick Daddy, so we'll have to celebrate next Saturday. I could write all day about how wonderful this little girl is and how much joy she has added to our lives--its been amazing to see how she has been woven into our family. Its hard to believe that its already been 6 months--time is going way too fast with her. Its amazing how difficult it is to be able to cherish each moment, but we are striving to.
I took her to the doctor today and unfortunately, she is losing weight. She weighed 14.2 pounds at her 4 month doctor visit and today she weighed in at 13.8. We are giving her more cereal, mixed with breastmilk, rather than water, more times per day. We will go for a "weight check" in two weeks to see if this is helping. This is about the age that Logan dropped off of the charts, so we expected to see her slowing down a bit, but we didn't expect her to actually be losing any weight. Hopefully some added calories will help her gain back some of what she has lost.

4 comments:
Wow, she is looking like a little girl instead of a baby now!
I loved getting to hold her for a few minutes this morning - she is such an angel. I'll be saying a prayer for her...sorry you guys are having to have this stress.
I am sorry to hear that she's losing. It surprised me how sad and stressed I got when Jake kept dropping. I hope the extra calories help!
And...she is A DOLL. Such a pretty girl!
We celebrate half birthdays, too!!! (Well, mine anyway!) --Steph
Post a Comment