Sunday, August 17, 2008

"Special Logan Day"

Jarrod and I planned yesterday to be a day full of things Logan loves since it was his last full "play day" with just the three of us. We started the day going to get donuts at his favorite donut shop in town. From there, we went to play at Putt-Putt. It was his first experience there, but he LOVED it. I only beat him by 5 strokes and even that was because he just got impatient if it was "taking too long" to get into the hole (more than 3 putts). He scored 2 hole-in-ones! After that, he played miniature bowling and loved it too. We ate lunch at Kincaid's burgers and then came home for a nap. He didn't ever go to sleep because Jarrod told him we had another "treat" for him when he woke up. He was just too excited to sleep, so he "rested" for the next 2 hours. When Jarrod got him up, we left for his favorite place--Chuck E. Cheese. He had a ball ALL day! He loved having undivided attention and getting to do all of the things that he loves--including calling his "auntie" from various places throughout the day while he was riding in the car. (I really think that he called her about 20 times.) It was a priceless day and the last full day of our little family of three--we are so excited though to have another little one to share days like this with!Our last church morning with no bows and little dresses!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh... poor Logan, his little world is going to change. I know he'll love her though... Looks like he had a wonderful day!

Matthew, Nikki, Luke and Lily said...

What wonderful memories for Logan, and you too!

Liz*** said...

I love the nursery. It's just perfect! Where did you get the bow keeper? I need one of those so bad! I'm so excited for you guys. Let us know how everything goes!!

Sarah said...

I actually got the iron "hanger" from Hobby Lobby, then sewed ribbon onto some plastic rings(from their sewing dept.) and cut them to be out of reach for Logan and her...I can't take credit though...I stole the idea from Lisa S.

Jenn said...

What a perfect day! Logan is a lucky little boy!

The Brays said...

This brings tears to my eyes! What a sweet post. Logan is just precious. Your family means the world to us!