Okay, again...I have two funny Logan conversations.
The first started with me in bed, Jarrod comes in and asks me "Do you know what 'Tootsie Rot' is?" Ummm, in my weary half open eyed wakefulness..."No, WHY?" J: "Logan is saying that when Gammie and Gumpy were here, they gave him 'toosie rot' for breakfast and he wants it today." Me: "Ask him to describe it...I don't know what he's talking about." Well, he didn't get his 'tootsie rot' because Jarrod couldn't figure out what on earth this child was talking about. Logan went with me to our local grocery store today and he tells me "Mommy, lets go down this aisle so that I can show you what 'tootsie rot' is." We were in the cereal aisle and he found....chocolate chip granola bars. There you have it folks: "tootsie rot"
The second story is again a little long, but funny nonetheless. Logan and I were on our way to the grocery store and I told him that I needed to take Elly in for another shot. He proceeded to explain that when he was big he was going to still cry when he gets a shot and then that when he was big like mommy and daddy he wasn't going to get any shots because he wasn't going to have a doctor's appointment. Then he starts down this path:
L: "When I have 10 kids, I won't get any shots"
M: (laughing) "Wow, you're going to have 10 kids huh?"
L: "Well, I have to ask Ella if that's how many she wants."
M: (still laughing) "oh, okay. You and Ella are going to have ten kids?"
L: "Yeah, and some of them will come to the doctor with me and some of them will stay home with their grandma's."
M: "Oh."
L: "And then they'll ask me "when is the baby going to get here? when is the baby going to get here? When is the baby going to get here?"
M: Laughing...
L: "I think that we're going to live in Arlington. Actually maybe Mansfield, or maybe Abilene, or maybe Granbury, or maybe where Auntie lives, or maybe by you."
M: "Oh, okay--I'd like it if you lived close to me."
L: "well actually, I think we're going to have to live in San Antonio or something. I'll have to ask Ella which house she wants."
M: "Does Ella know that you are going to do this?"
L: "No, I think that I'm going to have to ask her how many kids she wants."
Later...Me: "What did you tell me earlier about 10 kids with Ella?"
L: "No, mommy, we're only going to have one for right now."
Oh DEAR!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
I Can't Make This Stuff Up!
Posted by Sarah at 1:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hilarious.
I'm cracking up. And I would have loved to see Ella's face when Logan asked her if they could have 10 kids. :)
I just can't understand why Jarod could not figure out what "tootsie rots" were. What is wrong with that guy?? ha ha
Isn't life and parenting cute through the eyes of little ones? I wonder what Ella's daddy thinks about this "ten kid, but one for now" thing. hee hee
Post a Comment