Tuesday, June 9, 2009

9 Months

Well, our sweet Miss Priss turned 9 months just before our trip. The week before we left, I started to call the Doctor because I was becoming quite worried about her developmental delays. Something told me to hold off and I knew that we had an appointment when we got back, so I didn't take her. Apparently little miss heard me because on our trip she started
1. climbing
2. pulling up
3. cruising along furniture/bags/anything that she could find
4. eating tablefood like a HORSE
5. and the day before our doctor's appointment, she finally started crawling on all 4's. (June 7, for the baby book)

So, at 9 months (plus a few weeks) she is crawling, drinking very well from a sippy cup (Sunday night, we had a meal with rotel and she drank the ENTIRE sippy cup of water at dinner--I have lots of witnesses!), she has an excellent pincer grasp, she's eating everything that we eat and mostly feeding it to herself, cruising, pulling up, dancing, saying "Mama" "Dada" and "Yaya" (for Logan). She can wave bye bye on command and sign all done and more. She has gained a little over a pound and is weighing in at 15 lbs, 8 oz. and is 27 1/2 inches long. She's 5th percentile weight and 43rd in height.

I say it at every "month" post: she's precious. We love her so much and could not imagine life without her and all that she adds to our family! We praise God that she is healthy, happy and such a joy to be with all day!

2 comments:

Gammie said...

I'm sure the "delays" were caused by too much time in the car seat and shopping carts:-)She had to have time and opportunity to learn everything she did the last month! She takes in every word everyone says, so when she starts talking: watch out!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

She's a cute little thing, isn't she??!!