Thursday, June 4, 2009

Swim Lessons

Well, I have A LOT to blog about...we've been crazy over the past month--end of the year program, fun day, class parties, school actually getting out, leaving the next day to go to my parents for a fun visit and then ending that trip with my kiddos staying with Jarrod's dad and his wife and us being with our college friends for our annual "boat trip." Not to mention the milestones of Logan's half birthday and Elly turning 9 months...Its been fun, but we're grateful to be home and back to some degree of normal.

The latest adventure is our sweet Logan started swimming lessons on Monday. If you know Logan, you know that he will not in ANY way, shape or form put face or hair under water. He HATES it...well, on day three of swim lessons, I look over to see him hold his breath and go under--all the way under and come up with a HUGE grin on that precious little face. Today, day four, he was swimming halfway across the pool with his face in the water by himself and then "diving" (okay, really reaching down with his face under water) for rings. He loved it so much that when they got into the hot tub for "play time" he swam back and forth in the hot tub with his face in the water until it was time to get out. I can say--this was worth every penny just to see how happy and comfortable he now is in the water...and we still have a week left! Awesome...I was so sure that this was going to be a major battle!! Thank you God for such a great blessing. Here are a few pictures of his second day. (Being the great mom that I am, I forgot my camera the first day...)



3 comments:

amber dayton said...

How awesome! Mae is in swim lessons now & seems to be doing well - we aren't able to watch until the last day. I am hoping that someday Anna gets over her fear of putting her eyes in just like Logan has. We did two summers of lessons with no success yet, but I think someday she'll just decide to do it. Maybe Logan can give her lessons!

Amy Porter said...

We started swimming lessons today with both of ours. I get in the water with Blake for a moms and tots class and she said he is the most laid back child she's ever seen. He wouldn't even kick his feet...just relaxed and we pulled him around!! He finally did at the end...funny kid!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Way to go, Logan! You brave boy!