Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Houseboat

Jarrod's parents bought a houseboat on Lake Ouachita (Arkansas) the year that we got married and each year since, we have gone with a group of our college friends to enjoy a weekend relaxing and playing together on the water. I don't know that there has been a year where we were all accounted for--which is this season of our lives...this year (our 8th trip)we greatly missed the Cummings and the Stringers who both had beautiful new baby boys to care for at home.
I truly love the lake, really I love any lake, but this lake is PERFECT--it's super clean, it's clear, it's HUGE and it's absolutely gorgeous. This year was a little hectic because we went at the end of our trip to visit my parents--this meant that my children were with us,which is generally a "no-no" this particular weekend on the boat. (Can you imagine 12 children on a houseboat for 3-4 days??? No thank you, my own make me nervous enough!) However, Logan spent most of his time with Pops and Mimi and Elly spent a fair amount with them as well. Here are some pictures of Logan fishing and Elly exploring.


Porters, Hemphills, Dyers and McClures






5 comments:

Amy Porter said...

I just did our blog on the houseboat and then clicked on yours and saw the exact same picture that I just stuck on mine!! How funny!! I'm ready for next year! That was a great weekend, as usual!! Thanks for everything...we appreciate you sharing it with us! :)

Darla said...

Glad you guys had tons of fun. I so love the picture of Logan and his fish...too cute!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I can't wait for our turn to check out the houseboat... hint hint

Gammie said...

I hope those are swim shoes on Matt's feet, they look like a really gross foot fungus:-)Matthew would love them...

Lisa Hanna said...

What a fun time! That's great that you guys all keep up.