Well, I haven't been very good at blogging lately...mostly because we have been doing all of the things that embody summer and thus not sitting in front of the computer very often. Today, I realized that I let Father's Day pass without a little "shout out" to the best father I know. I have a wonderful step-father and he has been key in my life for over 20 years. He is caring, compassionate and just a precious, precious man whom I love and whom my children love and adore. Hopefully, I will not offend him in saying that even though he has my greatest respect...I have to say that my precious husband is the best father that I know. I could list a million reasons why--and sometime maybe I will, but most likely our two mothers are the only ones who would care enough to read that list...so here is a shorter list:
1. Everyday at 5:00, he is bombarded with Logan opening his office door asking if he can play...and most days he gets up and does. (Notice, there is no transition time, no down time, no decompression, just straight from the office to some sort of 4 year old game.)
2. He changes diapers, gives baths, reads stories and nurses hurts without so much as a sigh.
3. He takes Logan to every Tuesday Rangers game that the Rangers are in town and we're in town.
4. Building Logan into a godly, strong Christian leader is of the utmost importance to him and he goes to all lengths to be an example of that to him.
5. He helps give Logan encouragement and courage when Logan is in uncomfortable situations
6. He teaches him all of the boy things you want in a boy--to hunt, to fish, to play sports, to pray, to fix things, all about the car engine, to be a gentleman, and so on...
7. He is the best example of what a Christian husband is and how he should treat his family
8. He takes the kids to the donut shop most Saturday mornings for Daddy time
9. He is wrapped pretty tightly around sweet Elly's finger...which I'm convinced is why he was so adamant that we not have a girl. ; ) I can't even describe how my sweet 10 month old baby girl lights up when she hears her daddy's voice or sees him. Yes, the one that's supposed to be attached to me dives from my arms to get to her daddy. It is pretty priceless.
10. He loves us all and gives to us all tirelessly, fully and without grumbling or complaining. We are all better people because he loves so completely.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Sweet Daddy!
Posted by Sarah at 4:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like the Jarrod I've always known. Sounds like he's busy, but loving it!
We think he's a keeper:)I wish I had 1/4 his energy and metabolism!
Super sweet post, Sarah- about a Super Sweet Daddy! Love it missed you guys bunches this year at Fam camp! :)
Post a Comment