Well, today Jarrod is out of town on business so Logan and I decided we could finally take our long-awaited trip to Olive Garden. Of course, after we ordered he laid out the "Mommy, I have to go to the bathroom." Since it was just the two of us, I found the waiter and told him that we would be right back. So, we go to the bathroom, get finished and come back to find a bus boy clearing our table and resetting it. While this is perfectly understandable, it created mass confusion for the little man. The rest of our evening, we discussed why we couldn't drink our drinks, why that man had touched our straws with dirty hands, how that water with lemon was SOOO much better than this new one, and mostly about why we forgot to ask them to bring us "another book and two crayons." So, we got through the evening, Logan insists on "paying" (aka signing his name to my credit card) and he won't let me carry him so that he can carry the leftovers all by himself. Too cute, but back to my story...we get to the car and he wants to call Daddy to tell him that we had gone on a "what's it called, Mommy," "yeah a date." He didn't get ahold of Jarrod, but here is the conversation that ensued:
L: "If I find a friend that has my book and two crayons, I'm just going to take it from him'
Me: 'I don't know if that's a good way to handle it, wouldn't it be better to find an adult to ask for help?"
L: "Like you?"
M: "Yes, I could probably help you out."
L: "Then you would say, 'Is that your book' and the friend would say 'yes, it is my book' and then you would say, 'okay'. Then you would ask again 'are you sure that is your book and two crayons' and the friend would say, 'it is my book, I really need that book' and you would say, 'but I don't think that is your book, can we please have it back?' and then they would be really sad."
The best part was that his voice inflections were very "whiny" when it was his 'friend' but right on when he was imitating me. I love the imaginations of 3 year olds...they crack me up!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Date Night
Posted by Sarah at 8:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Date night with Mommy how sweet! I love this story about Logan. Three is a hard age but so much fun at times.
Post a Comment