I love days like today...Logan has been so happy and so helpful. Some days when I need to get a million things done all Logan wants me to do is "play" with him...this means a lot of whining, some time out time and less done than a normal day. Today was opposite of this. He was in FULL blown helper mode. I needed to change his drawers around because he is (finally) into getting himself dressed and he couldn't reach his underwear or shirts and pjs. So, I moved everything down to the bottom where he can easily open the drawers and find what he needs. He was completely into moving all of the "too big" and "too small" clothes that did inhabit the bottom two drawers into a pile in his closet where I can later box them up in hopes that they will work for "Dos" as Jarrod calls kiddo #2 (which Jarrod assures me is another boy.) Well, later I needed to change out laundry. Many of you know that last week our washer finally gave out and this weekend we got a new one--a front loader. Due to a week of the flu and then a week without a washer...I've been doing non-stop loads. Today I thought to say "Hey Logan do you want to watch the washer?" Of course, he did and then he was all set to change it out. So, I was able to go cook lunch while he completely changed the laundry over into the dryer...with the exception of the jeans as they were "too heavy and big". This is going to be the best purchase we've made!!! In addition to all of these, which were pretty major to me, he also cleaned his room, carried clean clothes to the living room, helped me hang a picture and then used the dustbuster to "vacuum his room." Hopefully I'll be able to look back on this when he's a teenager and be thankful for "once upon a time."
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I was so glad to come across your blog. Congrats on the new little one! Very exciting! How far along are you?
By the way, Logan is SO cute!
Awwww. What a SWEET little helper! :)
Sarah thanks for leaving a message on my blog. It is so nice to reconnect with some AFC people. Congratulations on baby #2 they are such a blessing. I will mark your blog and get you added to our favorites list.
Seth loves to help too. I just keep praying it's not a phase...
Post a Comment