Friday, February 29, 2008

"Numero Dos" - Week 14

We had our second doctor's visit today...and got a great report. I was a little anxious about this visit because this week has just seemed like a week of "bad news" as well as lots of stories of baby "issues". I don't know why when you are pregnant people like to think up and tell you (or tell someone else in front of you) every bad baby scenario that their cousin's husband's sister's dog has had, but that's the way it is I guess.

Our sweet friends Darrin and Jenny kept Logan for us while we went to the doctor. Well, Darrin mostly since Jenny left shortly after we did----THANKS so much Darrin--you're a trooper keeping 3 boys by yourself!


God blessed our day with hearing the heartbeat again (146 for those of you in doubt that this baby is a boy...I think I'll fall off of the table if they say this is a girl.) We will go in 4-6 weeks to have the level 2 ultrasound and hopefully determine what this little munchkin will be. All of my labs came back great and much to my happiness, I have not gained an ounce. I had lost about 6 pounds at my last visit and so far, so good. NOT that I'm hoping to lose weight during this pregnancy, but I am hoping that since I started a lot heavier than I was when I got pregnant with Logan, that I will be able to manage the weight gain closely.


The doctor also confirmed that I will definitely be having another c-section about a week before my due date (so, the week of August 23rd.) The hospital that I will deliver at requires the doctor to be at the hospital during the entire labor in case of uterine rupture. Of course with a doctor in private practice this prevents me from being able to do a vbac. Since I had such a horrible experience with my first c-section, I was having a difficult time deciding what route to go so I started praying several weeks ago that God would just give me the answer and today he blessed me by doing just that. I'm actually extremely relieved that this decision was removed from my hands and I feel so at peace with it. Please just pray that I will continue to feel this peace as we draw closer to August--I get so worried that I will have a panic attack on the way to the hospital!


Logan still assures us that there are two babies in my belly. As much as we try to talk him out of it, he gets more and more adamant that we are just "wrong." I hope he isn't too disappointed. When I tried to talk him out of this mindset again tonight, this is the conversation we had:

Me: "Well, maybe once we get this baby out of diapers, God will give us another baby"
L: "Then when that baby is out of diapers, He will give us another baby. Then when that one is out of diapers, He will give us another baby. Then when that one is out of diapers, He will give us another baby. Then when that one is out of diapers, He will give us another one." (yes, 4 additional babies)
Me: "Oh dear. I don't think that he will give us that many babies. I think he might just give us one more after this one."
L: "No, I want lots of babies. I think He will give us lots of babies."


Where in the world does he come up with this stuff?????

5 comments:

The Stringers said...

Well, I agree with Logan. You clearly lack his faith in God. (I would buy stock in Huggies.)

erin said...

Sounds like some of our conversations, which center around the baby in Kellen's tummy (it's a boy). So glad for the good news!

amber dayton said...

Love to hear about good dr visits! :) Anna always said that I would have twins too like Dora's mommy. Glad that God doesn't leave it all up to our toddlers! I had a second c-section as well, although I had a complication this time, I still think it's easier to have a planned one than a surprise one. I'll pray for God's peace for you. Still hope we can get together soon & catch up. :)

Perks said...

Since I just recently caught up with you guys via the blog world, I don't think I ever congratulated you about #2. My #2 is a gem!!! Logan's in for a treat!

Mike and Logan are on the same page. Mike would have baby after baby after baby. I still haven't convinced him that #4 is enough but I'm certain it is! :)

Jessica said...

Glad your appointment went well! Good to see you at Canton, hope you guys had tons of fun!