Okay, after a hilarious email from my friend Colleen I realized the error of the last post's title...Just to clarify, there is only one pea in this body...not two. I was told what havoc it caused to see a post by a pregnant lady entitled "two peas in a pod."
As far as the "pea" (or rather "avocado" at 16 weeks) goes, the morning sickness has not subsided...its actually getting worse...now I'm up to taking two pills a day to help with the nausea instead of the one at night...too many of my friends have had to listen to my complaints over the past few days. I just can't understand how I felt so great with Logan after the first trimester, and how I can feel so absolutely awful still with this one. I know that pregnancy is just a time in your life when you are totally self-absorbed, but I thought that it would be better with this one after I could just get through the sick stage...I guess I'm going to have to fight a little harder to get out of this "selfish" mode. Please forgive my rantings.
On a lighter note, we go to the doctor next Wednesday and we will schedule "The Ultrasound." Yes, we will be finding out the gender of the baby and we will be shouting it from the mountaintops, but we haven't determined yet when we'll be shouting it. I'm also toying with the idea of letting Logan come to that appointment. He's SO interested and curious about seeing the baby and hearing its heartbeat (he sticks his ear to my tummy several times a day to see if he can hear its heart) that I think it would be really sweet for him to be there. Plus, I think that it would be sweet to have him there to be "surprised" with us on the gender. We've been talking the whole pregnancy about how this is just as much his baby as it is mine and Jarrod's so that he knows how special he is and how he fits into this family--he's finally started referring to it as "our baby" which I just love. I'll keep you posted which route we go.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
NOT Two Peas in this Bod
Posted by Sarah at 12:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
So sorry that you are still sick Sarah! I too was sicker w/ Mae than Anna, and it's extra hard to feel like you are seasick all day (remember the boat ride to PhiPhi island? I felt like that 24/7 - I'm sure you can relate!) when you are trying to chase a 2 year old! I'll keep praying that you feel better very soon & that we can get together & catch up when you do! :)
I had the same idea when I read your last title! Glad you cleared that up. Sorry you are still feeling bad. I know it's doubly hard when you have a toddler to take care of. I bet it will be over soon. :) Erin
Morning sickness (or really "all day sickness") is really the pits. It is so tough!! I had it all 4 times and it seem to be worse every time. Hang in there. Hopefully that magical moment when you actually don't feel too bad will come before too long!!
Yuck is all I have to say. I was worthless for about 2 months. I think it is harder after you already have one child because you can't get away from preparing food. Just my opinion. As for taking Logan to the ultrasound, let me know what you decide. I'm debating what to do but I don't have very much time left.=)
You KNOW I am feeling for you. I have some ideas, though, so I will call soon! -Jenn O.
I hope you feel better soon and can't wait to find out what you're having. I heard you ALMOST made our little meal exchange the other night! :)
Miss y'all...
Let me just put in my prediction now... I just really think baby Dyer #2 is a little baby girl! Can't wait for you to find out! It is sooooo sweet that Logan is so involved, makes me really like the idea of waiting for Kinley to be around his age for #2 in our house! Hope you are feeling better soon!
CONGRATS!!! We had no idea. Chris says to tell you that he is excited for you all. Hope you hit that turning point soon, and start feeling better. - jen & chris
I am so ready to know what this baby is!!! You better shout loud enough for us to hear in Longview!! Oh...and I think taking Logan is a great idea! he would love it...and probably remember it forever! Mallory went with us to Blake's...granted she was 11 months old, so she had NO idea what was going on! :)
Post a Comment