I had a wonderful Mother's Day with Logan, Jarrod and his mother and grandmother. We went to church over in Granbury and to eat Pastafina (my favorite non-tea room restaurant in Granbury). Then while everyone else napped, I got a trip around the square by myself. I haven't been around the square in a few years, so it was a great treat.
I had to laugh at my precious Mother's Day gift from Logan. Logan has been obsessed with dolphins--for Christmas he asked for a large plastic/rubber dolphin (about 3 weeks before Christmas.) I'm not sure if any of you have looked for dolphins in the dead of winter...but there are none to be found...unless of course you go to Sea World. This was not in the plan for us for the few weeks before Christmas, so Santa had to make due with some very little dolphins that he found the week before Christmas. Thankfully, while at Sea World a few weeks ago, we found the dolphin that he had asked Santa for and bought it--I'll post a picture later. Its about 20 inches long and made of some kind of rubbery plastic. Okay, so on with my story...Logan runs in while I'm dressing for church Sunday morning carrying a package and saying, "Here Mommy, open your dolphins..." At this point I'm a little confused--he's carrying a James Avery gift bag and Jarrod has this hilarious look on his face. Well, I open my gift and sure enough--it is a Mama and Baby dolphin charm for my bracelet. It was priceless--he was so proud of it, and thus so am I. Jarrod said that there was no talking him out of it and I'm so thankful because I will always have a reminder of this time in our lives where life is so simple, so pure and so innocent. I couldn't have thought of a more personal gift from my "Little Man."
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Dolphins
Posted by Sarah at 4:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love it! Of course you will cherish this time. This is why we have charm bracelets. For precious reminders like this one.
Erin here. I have 2 things.
1. We love Pastafina too. Especially their bread dipped in alfredo sauce. So healthy.
2. I actually have had the experience of looking for sea creatures for Christmas. A Big Shark, to be specific. K saw it at Toys R Us but when I went back it wasn't there. So we ended up with the small ocean animals. I'll have to remember about Sea World, though I doubt we'll be making a trip there this summer. I prefer November.=)
What a cute story.
That is SUCH A SWEET STORY. That will always be a sweet memory and sweet reminder on your bracelet!
Oh, and btw...you don't have to wait too much longer to comment..I promise. ;-)
Post a Comment